AGS Glassfibre (Pty) Ltd is an owner managed business which has been in operation for over 40 Years. The company was started by A.G. Swanepoel in 1979 and has been managed by the present directors for the past 26 Years. The directors are Gary Neilson and Martin Pet.
AGS Glassfibre (Pty) Ltd is a value added supplier and is proud to have achieved a level 2 BEE status certified by BEESA Rating services. (www.beesa.co.za) Our staff complement at present is in the region of 75 personnel.
AGS specialises in the development, design, manufacture and installation of Glassfibre composites to the building industry and have completed projects for many building companies in South Africa and surrounding countries.
AGS has the skills, expertise and experience to carry out work in the South African building industry and is geared to working within the demanding time and quality restraints experienced within this industry.
Some of the larger projects completed to date are:
- Boardwalk Casino and Hotel development, (Port Elizabeth) – Architectural mouldings to the facades, truss features and columns. Value R 5 million. Grinaker/LTA.
- King Shaka International airport (Durban) – Architectural panelling, fascias and gutters. Value +/-R18 million. Ilembe JV- WBHO/G5.
- Silverstar Casino (Krugersdorp) – External feature columns. Value +R5 million. Grinaker/LTA.
- Caesars Palace (Gauteng) – Domes and internal decorative mouldings. Contract +R8 million. Grinaker/WBHO JV.
- ICC Durban – Parabolic fascias and gutters. Contract +R10 million. G5/WBHO.
- Gateway shopping centre (Durban) - Fascias, decorative mouldings, insulated cladding, gutters and internal column cladding. Contract +R 12million. G5 /Grinaker/WBHO - JV.
- Pavilion shopping centre (Durban) – Phenolic Columns, gutters and fascias. Contract R5million. Murray & Roberts.
- Suncoast Casino (Durban) – Gutters and Glassfibre features internal and external. Contract +R5million.
- Sibaya Casino (Durban) - Domes, decorative gold leaf mouldings, tusks. Contract value +R8 million. WBHO.
- ENF (Sandton) – Decorative roof moulding and pediment. R 2million. Group 5.
- Warehouses for Newlyn Properties - Fibreglass gutters & stainless steel gutter brackets. Contract value - R 14 Million.